Contact – Supporting Parents Project
Do you care for a child with additional needs?
Join our new supporting parents project
Supporting Parents And Creating Empowerment – SPACE
Designed to work alongside you to navigate the challenges you and your child face, and find the space to be heard and supported.
Access a range of workshops designed to increase your knowledge and skills in managing the needs of you and your family.
Understanding Sensory Processing
Thursday 3rd November 12:30 – 2:30pm
Thursday 24th November 12:30 – 2:30pm
- Learn more about sensory processing and sensory integration
- Reflect on your child’s sensory needs, and your own, and how they might change over time
- Consider the impact of sensory needs on other family members/care givers and in different environments
Speech and Language Top Tips
Monday 7th November 12:30 – 2:30pm
- The workshop will help you to think about how you can best communicate with your child and how you can share this knowledge with those in their education settings.
Education for School Age Children
Tuesday 15th November 10:00 – 12:00pm
- How an Education Health Care plan (EHCP) could benefit your child
- How to apply for one and what is involved in the assessment process and the timescales involved
- When an EHCP is not appropriate and what support is available for children who do not have an EHCP
- How to challenge decisions about your child’s educational support.
PDF version below
Online training courses for parents. Please click on the link below.
Foundation of Light
Contact Details below:
Karen Bond 07741195832
Emma Burrows 07739303038
Julie Bellerby 07843632037
Sharon English 07595651365
Lisa Fox 07843632038
Ally Neely 07917501496