At Acre Rigg Infant School we are committed to equality.We are committed to providing an education that includes and stimulates all children regardless of their background or personal circumstances. We have pupils with a wide range of abilities and different needs and endeavour to include them in all activities, providing them with the opportunity to fulfil their full potential. We recognise that some pupils will need extra support and adaptations to access the school curriculum and to participate in school activities.
We aim to:
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities.
- Work in partnership with parents, pupils and relevant external agencies in order to provide for children’s special educational needs.
- Identify at the earliest opportunity, all children that need additional support (whether these are educational, social, physical or emotional)
- Give every child the entitlement to a sense of achievement.
- Regularly review the policy and practice in order to achieve best practice.